9.01.2011

Road Trips and Yarn

4

 

SO excited, my in laws are arriving in town this moment and tomorrow morning we are heading out for a long weekend trip up the Pacific coast! We will go through Big Sur (my most favorite place to be!) and then up through Carmel for one night and on to San Francisco for 2 nights. Majestic! I will post photos when we return.

I’ll probably be bringing some balls of yarn along with me because I can’t stop knitting this week! I taught myself a little way to make hats and I’m having waaaay too much fun with it. Hopefully I will get some new work listed in my Etsy shop soon!

My love for yarn doesn’t stop at knitting. The other day I just sort of unintentionally started coiling some yarn around itself and I loved the way it looked so much that I made the design into shoe clips. (Of COURSE my first thought was shoe clips. obsessed.)

 

6

It was super easy.

What you do:

1. Take a strand of yarn and coil it around and around on top of a piece of felt until you are happy with the size. Mine are about 2 1/2 inches in diameter.

2. You can stitch the yarn down or fabric or hot glue it to the yarn. I just kind of lifted it up in fourths and squeezed a little glue to secure it down to the felt.

3. Then I stitched another circle of felt the same size as the coil to the coil/felt for reinforcement. I just ran a whip stitch around the circle’s edge.

4. Lastly- a sewed a metal shoe clip into the back of each. Ta daaa.

(I’ve never found shoe clips at a supply store, but there are many sources available on Etsy.

Let me know if you have any questions.

If you don’t feel like making them, they are available in my shop HERE. Custom colors available :)

P.s. I encourage you to make your own for your own personal use, but let’s keep originality on Etsy. Please don’t sell my design ;)

Have a great holiday weeeeeeeekend!!!!

xx

 

Julie

1 comment:

Comments = Colloquy = Yes please :)