4.29.2010

Hmmm...

Hellooo.

So this Saturday I got my container gardening all set up and planted and took tons of photos during the process and MUCH to my dismay....

I somehow deleted all of the photos on my camera while trying to change some settings. LAME. I know. BUT good news: most of the seeds are already sprouting!!! So freaking exhilirating. For real. Pictures to follow in my next post.

Well I have photographed the mixed greens that are sprouting so I can show that one.


P.s. Kinda yuck, but I'm growing this particular container in the window sill of my bathroom. It gets the best sunlight! Ha!

I can't wait to use the veggies that I grow. Although who knows if any of them will grow to maturity in these containers. I'm trying to grow beets and carrots in a container, probably not gonna work but fun nonetheless.

So last night I pulled out some of my hair clip craft materials for the first time since being in my new place. I had to declare a spot on the floor as my temporary craft station. I hope to build myself a work table in the near future!



See that cabinet thing in the background, this past weekend I painted and distressed it to make it look older. It was basically the color of the wood floor and I didn't like the way they looked together so I decided to paint it a light sage. Home Depot is fun!!

Umm also, if anyone could tell me, why the hell does Blogger change your font and alignment after adding a photo. Someone help me out here, what am I doing wrong!!!

Anyway. I made one adult clip and one child (or adult) clip. It was a lot of fun to make things again. I'm going to post a picture of the "adult" one showing an example of a different alternative for wearing my clips. I like to just clip them onto my shirts in various places. It's tons of fun!



Fun, yes?

The back layer was made from a piece of a vintage suitcase that finally bit the dust last year. I knew there was a reason I hadn't thrown it away yet! The other layers are felt, fabric and burlap!


And here are a few shots of the "kid" or "adult who isn't afraid of bright colors" clip.



A "packaged" (I've used a lot of these: "" in this post by the way) view.

An intimate encounter. I love how you can see all of the threads in this one.

Being modeled by the lovely Violet (whom I nanny), who is seriously teething these days. Not sure if a teething child is worse for the child or the person taking care of said child ;)


 
What do you think? I have SO many ideas for crafts that I haven't even materialized yet. I hate that, because I know I lose so many of those visions before I get a chance to make them. My creativity flows strongest just before falling asleep. Grrrr.

Anyway. I need to go prepare lunches to take to work tomorrow for my husband and I and make our "apple surprise" night time snack. (Slice an apple, put in a bowl with a little water, and sprinkle stevia and cinnamon for a guilt free yummy treat!!) We are on a strict diet right now as we both have some weight we could stand to lose. I've gained about 20 pounds since we got together almost 3 years ago. OUCH! I'm 27 now, and I can't let that stick with me. Its going AWAY. SOON.

Goodnight blog world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments = Colloquy = Yes please :)