7.07.2010

Relax, You're in Big Sur...


I will soon be seeing this sign and I couldn't be more giddy about it! Its ok if you're jealous. Buuut, its for my birthday. I turn 28 next Wednesday so my husband and I are headed up to big ol' Sur (as I like to call it) this Friday and staying 2 nights at the Fernwood Motel. Hopefully one day I will be able to afford one of the high dollar places, like the Post Ranch Inn, until that day I will love my Fernwood. Afterall they have awesome live music (i.e. people watching) at the tavern on weekends :)
Here are some photos from a trip a few years back...


In other news, I've just listed my first wood burned piece in my Respect Your Mother shop :)

I'm not gonna lie, I'm obsessed with the smell of cedar. Ever since childhood, when I bought a cedar jewelry box (I wish I knew where that thing was now!!) from an Indian Reservation (I also had a small obsession with all things Native American). Anyway, this piece was made by burning the design into a slice of raw cedar. Below is another shot of this one along with another pendant I made with a tree design. I can't wait to make tons more!!


Cheers! Have a good weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments = Colloquy = Yes please :)