7.05.2010

Stitchy stitch...

I got my sewing machine working weekend before last (I think. Time has sort of been a blur lately!)

(yay!)

And since I have no current knowledge (you may remember me discussing this in a previous entry) and I am going off of some information in various books I am dying to take real lessons. I found out there is a place called Sew L.A literally on the bottom of the hill under my house along Silverlake Blvd. that offers lessons. I need to get that arranged!


                       

Until then I will continue practicing random stitches on random fabrics that I CAN'T STOP buying from Joanns. I am SO in love with textiles. Who knew?

I've pretty much been setting myself up a little factory little by little, ok I don't know if buying crap every other day is really little by little but whatever. I can't wait to really start sewing up some fun stuff!!



                 

And so I dont go through all of my fabric during my practice phase...


I started practicing on a few tissues the other day. It was actually quite fun! (I was playing with my pinking shears which is why the edges are cut that way)

                  

(my craft area becomes wrecked quite quickly)

For any of you readers who have basic sewing tutorials, please feel free to paste a link to them in the comments for me and everyone else ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments = Colloquy = Yes please :)