8.03.2010

Oooh ahhh.

Ok so I've been completely immersed in my latest project. I'm creating a slew of brooches/hairclips/rings/shoeclips/etc. for my mother in law's boutique back in Texas.


It's a fancy sort of boutique so I've sort of upped my fanciness level a bit. Ha! Fancy isn't really my thing but making these sure the hell is a lot of fun!

I LOVE singeing the fabric- it fulfillis my inner pyro. I think I will soon post a tutorial or video of me making a piece so I can share some of my tactics with you.

I love this one- All of the fabric is vintage/upcycled (except for the lace) including the flowers in the middle- I found a huge bag of fake vintage flowers at a thrift store this weekend for $4! I love finding inspiration that way.

and as a brooch....


Yay! More to come later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments = Colloquy = Yes please :)