10.14.2010

Being busy is Lovely

handstampedbag3

I’m writing via Windows Live Writer- testing it out to see what it is all about as I have heard great things about it!

Feels good so far ;)

It’s that lovely time of year where Etsy sales pick up! I love it.

I made my 36th sale yesterday, which isn’t a lot by any means but it is still exciting!

So, as of yet I really don’t have a set, uniform way of preparing or packaging the items that I sell.

I sort of use each sale as an opportunity to get creative and come up with packaging for that particular sale.

So a week or so ago I sold this “View of Earth from Space” pendant (the 2nd one of this model I have sold this year!) and I decided to sew up a little muslin bag (I don’t use a certain pattern or anything, I just sort of wing it) and lately I have been obsessed with hand stamping fabric. It’s way fun. You should try it.

handstampedbag2

Also- I love getting to use my custom shop stamp, made earlier this year by BlossomStamps on Etsy.

I recently got the funky tree stamp (used on the muslin bag) during one of my (waaay too often) runs to the craft store.

 

handstampedbag

Anyway. Just thought I would share this idea with the rest of you, since I know many of you are Etsy sellers yourselves and you just might be looking for something new to do when packaging up your goodies!

Time for sleep. Going to a concert at the Hollywood Bowl tomorrow night with the husband to see LCD Soundsystem, Hot Chip, and Sleigh Bells. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments = Colloquy = Yes please :)