4.18.2010

Super Woman


If I listed all of the things I accomplished this weekend, you may start suspecting I'm Super Woman, so I probably shouldn't list it all, but I'm feeling super good about it :)

It feels so good to have a really productive weekend, especially after last weekend, when I let my hormones get the best of me (i.e. lady time) and I pretty much stayed in some sort of stationary position for a large portion of it. And I can't stand being still like that. It was hard. Especially knowing the zillion things I needed to work on.

The concept of moving is so strange, you pack up all of your belongings just to unpack them all again very soon. We have been in the new place now for nearly 3 weeks and I'd say we are now ALMOST done with all of the unpacking. I finished the kitchen today and I can't explain how great that makes me feel. I put together a pantry friday all by myself except for the very last step where I had my husband help hold the door in place while I screwed in the hinges. I also put together a wall shelf thing in the bathroom and drilled it into the wall. A power drill is super fun by the way ladies, if you have never assembled something before, I say next time try it out for yourself, its a good feeling.

 Oh my, I almost forgot, WE HAVE A WASHER AND DRYER now! Haha. You have no idea HOW exciting this is. When you live on a hillside and have to trek up and down stairs, possibly walking a long way to your car depending how close or freaking far away you last parked on the street, with a huge hamper of laundry, its a very tedious experience. But NOW, now, we purchased our very own washer and dryer because the new place had hook ups in the "upper basement" which the entrance to is literally right outside our door. They were delivered Wednesday but some extra work was needed to create a vent so the set up was completed this Friday and when I got home from work I began the 4 or 5 loads of laundry that I did all through the afternoon, evening, and night. Yippeee.

Anyway, I will soon do I post where I show photos of the old place and now the new place. I'm also starting to do some re-photographing of more of my crafts for both of my Etsy shops (Respect Your Mother & Hippity Clippity) as we have a massive and lovely amount of beautiful natural sunlight here in the new place.

Here are some new photos of one of my clips for my HippityClippity shop that I hadn't yet listed in my shop until tonight. I actually have quite a few pieces for both shops that I haven't listed in my shops yet. It just takes so much time and I'd rather be doing something else I suppose. Oh well, eventually they will find themselves listed. Until then, here is one of my favorites, a leaf and ladybug hair clip. I think its super cute for spring and summer. I hope you agree. Its made with felt and the ladybug was made with a tiny red pom pom and black thread ;)



                                                                         
   

This clip may be purchased HERE

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE this ladybug clip! it's so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! thanks SO much. i just went to your etsy shop, great stuff!! so those are your own personal designs? i know nothing about the process of screen printing but i hope to one day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments = Colloquy = Yes please :)